Real wedding photography advice and wedding planning tips for brides and grooms.
In this video I’m going to share with you some really important and easy things that you can do for yourself to get great wedding photos even before you meet or hire a wedding photographer.
First things first, before you even get into the process of contacting wedding photographers, you need to realize a few things
You’re going to be entering into a partnership with your photographer, and it’s vital that you do your part and meet them half-way so that they can do their best work for you.
The truth is, even if you’re able to have a great photographer, WITHOUT your input and positive attitude, it’s going to be really difficult for the photographer to do their best work for you.
Why am I doing this? Knowing these things and thinking about them will in most cases help determine the photographer that’s best suited for YOU.
Please understand that wedding photography is absolutely no different than anything else in life – it’s subjective
– And Remember, when it comes to your wedding day and specifically your photography – there is no right or wrong.
– Just because you and your best friend both love the elliptical doesn’t mean you’re going to have the same tastes when it comes to photography
– It’s just a matter of aligning YOUR personal preferences and needs with that of your chosen photographer and their personality and
– Some couples believe that all they need to do is to hire a great photographer and they can sit back things will magically happen.
– It doesn’t really work like that.
– Just like everything else in life, you’re going to have to put in some effort, and of course the more you do the better the return
– So before you contact anyone, you’ll want to be on the same page with your fiance
– do your best to decide what it is you’re looking for in your wedding photos
– Then start looking at what style speaks to you both
– it’s ok if you don’t know what all of the photography terms mean, just try to find a photographers style that speaks to you
– If you don’t know right away that’s fine, do some research. When you know what it is you want, then you can start to narrow your search and move forward
– Also ask yourselves, Are you an outgoing couple that loves to laugh and joke around or are you more quiet and reserved? let the photographer know
– It may be best for you to look for a photographer that has a similar personality.
– How do you do this? Check out their site, not just for their photos, but actually read what they have to say. Look through their blog and then you’ll begin to get a sense of who they are, how they work, their style and ultimately if you want to pursue working with them
– Ask yourself, Are you looking for just a few snapshots or sometime to showcase your entire wedding day from start to finish?
– some photographers are ok with covering just the service and few photos. Others like myself love to tell the story of the entire wedding day
– I love working with couples that interact with each other, that love to laugh and have fun
– Most of the times, the wedding day is a great celebration and everyone is having a great time. BUT I’ll be honest, sometimes stuff happens on the wedding day, just be prepared as best you can and just roll with it
Most important tip
– all I ask is that you meet me halfway
– In the end ITS ALL ABOUT YOU, IT’S NOT A PHOTO SHOOT, IT’S ABOUT GETTING THE PHOTOS OF YOU AND BRIDE OR GROOM, YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS HAVING A GREAT TIME
Thanks so much for watching. Be sure to Subscribe to my Channel and check back soon for my next video on the most important key to a great wedding day